It’s hard to write tonight, not because of the weather or lack of sticking to the training plan but because a very dear loved one is very ill. At the same time my closest girlfriend , BFF actually, had her second reconstructive surgery after a major double mastectomy last July. This is not a selfish pity party, just the truth some days/ weeks are hard. Sometimes I am so focused on training and concerned about my eating that I lose focus on other things. I use running to heal my mind of stress from my work(school social worker), to be the best mom, wife and friend.
I am thankful for my running, it has given me so much freedom in being able to take on so much. Before I recap this week and next weeks training, I leave with my mom’s favorite poem.
Week 6 Recap
- Monday- Stretching and Strength training- Lower Body Fix: 30 Minutes
- Tuesday- 4 mile run- 4 mile RUN
- Wednesday-40 minute tempo run-40 minute tempo and Upper Body FIx: 30 Minutes
- Thursday- 3 mile run-3 mile RUN
- Friday – Rest or easy run- 3 mile RUN
- Saturday-Rest- 45 minute elliptical
- Sunday- 10K mile- 10 K RUN!!!
- Monday- Stretching and Strength training
- Tuesday- 4.5 mile run
- Wednesday-8 x 400 5K pace
- Thursday- 3 mile run
- Friday – Rest
- Saturday-4 mile pace run
- Sunday- 9 mile