60 degrees in February in MINNESOTA…NO!!! But this week YES!!! Lets just say spring fever has sprung and it feels amazing. I was outside for run every run and also enjoyed walks and bike rides with the kids. This nice weather will continue for a couple of more days then back to reality…I mean winter. No complaints from me though, but it sure has been a good break.
Another good things happening this week was my eating. I have owned 21 day fix for years actually since it was released several years ago. But I never used the program or the DVD’s. Remember my goal was to watch my eating and the struggles I have posted on here. I always start the week strong but by the end I just give up. So knowing I had this program I did some searching on the internet and found this post, How to mix running and 21 day fix.. YES, this is exactly what I needed not just for my strength and stretching, but also for my eating. I am one week in and like it, mentally I have just slowed down and methodically think what I am putting into my body.
Here is my week 5 running schedule.
- Monday- Stretching and Strength training 3 mile run
- Tuesday- 4 mile run- am Upper Fix and 10 minutes of lower fix & pm-4 mile run
- Wednesday-7 x 400 at 5k pace-REST
- Thursday- 3 mile run-7 x 400 at 5k pace
- Friday- Rest- Upper Fix, 10 minutes of lower fix, 10 minutes of pilates
- Saturday-3 Mile- 8 mile
- Sunday- 8 mile- 3 mile and Yoga Fix
and here is Week 6 running schedule
- Monday- Stretching and Strength training
- Tuesday- 4 mile run
- Wednesday-40 minute tempo run
- Thursday- 3 mile run
- Friday – Rest or easy run
- Sunday- 10K mile