Another week closer.
As the days go by I cross off the calender the countdown to marathon running day. I am getting excited and I feel more than ready. This week I was able to stay right on schedule EXCEPT the long run. Throughout all this training, I have had to look ahead and plan. I knew a month ago it would be very difficult to get this weekend long run and I was right. Instead I spent time with family. Saturday I worked at the Eatery until 2, decided on a bike ride because it was 80 degree and very sunny , too warm for a 20 mile run. Then time at our lake lot to have a hunting feed. Sunday was spent at an apple orchard/scarecrow/pumpkin patch with family and I saved a few minutes in the evening for a beautiful sunset run. IT WAS ALL WORTH IT.
I didn’t panic about it too much though. Remember when I was sick earlier in September and I missed out on about 5 day of training including a longer run. I bounce back great from this, so I know I will be fine. I will get in a longer run next weekend, not sure the distance yet I will plan that over the week. The bottom line is compared to training for my first marathon I feel amazing.
Week 15 Schedule
- Monday-REST-REST but a very active rest. Coach and I were out at 7:30 am, mapping out our cross-country miles for our home cross-country meet. A beautiful event on a gorgeous day:)
- Tuesday-5 miles-5 miles with the team
- Wednesday- 5 miles- 4 Mile tempo run
- Thursday- 5 miles- 6 miles with the team in the ran
- Friday- REST- 3 miles
- Saturday-20 miles- 10 Miles of Biking
- Sunday- cross-9 miles only because I ran out of daylight.
Week 16 Schedule
- Tuesday-5 miles
- Wednesday- 5 miles
- Thursday- 5 miles
- Friday- REST
- Saturday-12 miles
- Sunday- cross