Recovery, Recovery, Recovery.
What ever I had it kicked my butt(see this post marathon training week 12). Each run this week was entirely different as each day I felt just a little more back to normal. I knew I had to push myself and get out and run, I had to log the miles. The runs were not the easiest, or my fastest but neither was recovering from my sickness. In order for you to fully understand each run I went into a little more detail about how I felt and my pace.
Week 13 Schedule: Red is what I did.
- Monday- Rest-REST again:(
- Tuesday- 5 miles- 5 miles...I ended up staying home from work but a run was still in the back of my mind all day. I did go to the dr. and he prescribed me amoxicillin even though I tested negative for strep, ear infection and sinus infection. The Claritin- D and Aleve was not taking care of it. I took the meds at about 2, and at 5 o’clock I forced myself out the door. The first 2 miles were fine, mile three I could feel my head throbbing, I went to a different world for mile 4 and 5. I MADE IT, 5 miles while not feeling good, pace 8:45!!
- Wednesday- 5 mile pace run- 6 Miles since I did not get my 8 mile in last week I wanted to do something slightly more than 5, pace 8:30. My head was still very dizzy and uneven, but people told me I was looking better. So I knew being back to normal was coming soon .
- Thursday- 5 miles- 5 Miles and more…I had a Cross Country meet, so I ran the varsity pre race warm up then the junior varsity prerace warm up. The reason I said more, was after I logged my 5, I stopped my GPS but I get at leat on average 2 more mile running back and forth cheering on the runners. I felt great, I was in the racing atmosphere but my body was healing. pace- 8:30
- Friday- Rest- 3 mile recovery run with the XC team, Finally waking up with out a headache..Pace 8:10
- Saturday- 19 miles- 19 miles BABY!!!…I did it..WE DID IT!! The conditions were perfect for a long run, 42 degrees zero wind, sun shinning and my running partner by my side…HALLELUJAH:)
- Sunday- Cross-Just play time with kids, decorating the front porch and cooking/baking.
WOW what a week it has been recovering from “what ever” I had. I was definitely concerned about my long 19 mile run, many thoughts in my head..will I make it, does this throw off my training, I’m ok I’ve run 18, I can do it, I don’t want to let my running partner down. In the end it was OK, I took the time recovering-NOT RUNNING–to slowly get back in the groove. We have to rest our bodies when our bodies are telling us something.
Week 14 Schedule:
- Monday- Rest
- Tuesday- 5 miles
- Wednesday- 8 mile pace run
- Thursday- 5 miles
- Friday- Rest
- Saturday- 13 miles
- Sunday- Cross